Terms and conditions
Important Legal and Regulatory Information:
It is very important that you read this warning and disclaimer before proceeding, as it explains certain legal and regulatory restrictions applicable to any investment in our products. The contents of this website have been approved for issue in the United Kingdom by Tavistock Wealth Limited (“TW”), which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
In the United Kingdom, this website is directed solely at Professional Clients and Eligible Counterparties. The information in this website is not intended for, and should not be relied on by a Retail Client.
This website is not intended for distribution to any other country where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation. Investors who are resident in, or citizens of, countries other than the EEA may be subject to local restrictions. Residents of the United States of America are not permitted to access the TW website according to legal restrictions imposed in that jurisdiction. Where this is applicable you must leave this site immediately. This also applies to all other jurisdictions where similar restrictions exist.
No advice, offers or solicitations
The information on this website is provided to you for information purposes only and should not be regarded as an offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any investments or related services that may be referenced on this website.
Please note that the value of investments and the income from them may fluctuate and you may not receive back the amount originally invested. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Currency movements may also affect the value of investments. The investments and investment services referred to on this website may not be suitable for all investors. Full information concerning any of our products and the risks associated with investing in those products are detailed in each case in the Prospectus, which is the only authorised document for the offering of shares in any of our products. If you are unsure as to whether the investments described in this site are suitable for you we recommend you seek professional advice from a financial adviser.
No tax or legal advice
Nothing on this website constitutes investment, legal, tax or other advice nor should it be relied upon in making an investment decision.
No warranty; limitation on liability
The information on this website has been obtained from sources which TW believes to be reliable and accurate at the date of publication, but no warranty of accuracy is given. We are not responsible for the accuracy of information contained within sites provided by third parties, which may have links to or from our pages. Any opinions expressed are our judgement at the time of writing and are subject to change without notice. By proceeding you agree to the exclusion by TW of any liability in respect of any errors or omissions by TW and any other relevant third parties. This website is for UK residents and citizens only and is subject to the laws of England.
Everything on this website is the valuable intellectual property of TW, or their respective suppliers. We protect our intellectual property rights to the full extent of the law.
No permission is granted to copy, distribute, modify, post or frame any text, graphics, video, audio, software code, or user interface design or logos.
The existence of hyperlinks should not be construed as an endorsement, approval or verification by TW of any content available on third party sites. By providing access to other websites, we are not recommending the purchase or sale of products or services provided by the website’s sponsoring organisation. We do not review any of these third party sites. TW reserves the right to require written consent for, or request the removal of, any links to our website.
For your protection, we require the use of encryption technologies for certain types of communications conducted through this website. While we provide those technologies and use other reasonable precautions to protect confidential information and provide suitable security, we do not guarantee or warrant that information transmitted through the Internet is secure, or that such transmissions will be free from delay, interruption, interception or error. You acknowledge and agree that users of this website and users, owners, or managers of third party websites may not: (i) collect or store personal data about other users of this website or (ii) upload, e-mail or otherwise transmit any material that contains viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that might interrupt, limit or interfere with the functionality of any computer software, hardware, database or file, or communications equipment that is owned, leased or used by TW.
Terms and Conditions
Deliberate misuse of any element of this Site including, without limitation, hacking, introduction of viruses or similar code, disruption or excessive use or any use in contravention of applicable law, is expressly prohibited and we reserve the right to terminate your access to the Site, and at our discretion, pass information to the legal authorities.
We reserve the right at any time on giving notice to change or modify these terms and conditions or to impose new conditions in respect of this website or to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of this website. We shall be entitled to terminate your access to this website at any time on giving notice to you and in any event if you commit any breach of these terms and conditions. We shall have no liability to you for such termination. Notices may be served by any reasonable method including posting on this website.
You shall indemnify us from and against all actions, claims, proceedings, costs and damages (including any damages or compensation paid by us on the advice of legal advisors to compromise or settle any claim) and all legal costs or expenses arising out of your use of the Site and any breach by you of the software licenses and service agreements governing the software made available to you in connection with this website. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will exclude or restrict any duty or liability we may have under applicable rules or regulations.
Professional Clients and Eligible Counterparties:
A Professional Client is:
- an entity required to be authorised or regulated to operate in the financial markets;
- a large undertaking meeting two of the following size requirements on a company basis:
– balance sheet total of 12.5 million euros – net turnover of 12.5 million euros – average number of employees of 250 during the year;
- a partnership or unincorporated association which has (or has had at any time during the previous two years) net assets of at least £5 million (or its equivalent in any other currency at the relevant time) and calculated in the case of a limited partnership without deducting loans owing to any of the partners;
- a trustee of a trust (other than an occupational pension scheme, SSAS, personal pension scheme or stakeholder pension scheme) which has (or has had at any time during the previous two years) assets of at least £10 million (or its equivalent in any other currency at the relevant time) calculated by aggregating the value of the cash and designated investments forming part of the trust¹s assets, but before deducting its liabilities;
- a trustee of an occupational pension scheme or SSAS, or a trustee or operator of a personal pension scheme or stakeholder pension scheme where the scheme has (or has had at any time during the previous two years):
– at least 50 members; and
– assets under management of at least £10 million (or its equivalent in any other currency at the relevant time);
- a local authority or public authority;
- a national or regional government, a public body that manages public debt, a central bank, an international or supranational institution (such as the World Bank, the IMF, the ECP, the EIB) or another similar international organisation; or,
- another institutional investor whose main activity is to invest in securities.
An Eligible Counterparty is:
- an investment firm;
- a credit institution;
- an insurance company;
- a collective investment scheme authorised under the UCITS Directive or its management company;
- a pension fund or its management company;
- another financial institution authorised or regulated under European Community legislation or the national law of an EEA State;
- a national government or its corresponding office, including a public body that deals with the public debt;
- a central bank; or
- a supranational organisation.
A Retail Client is a client that is neither a professional client nor an eligible counterparty.
UK Stewardship Code
Under Rule 2.2.3R of the FSA’s Conduct of Business Sourcebook, Tavistock Wealth Limited (the “Firm”) is required to include on this website a disclosure about the nature of its commitment to the UK Financial Reporting Council’s Stewardship Code (the “Code”) or, where it does not commit to the Code, its alternative investment strategy. The Code is a voluntary code and sets out a number of principles relating to engagement by investors with UK equity issuers.
The Firm invests in collective investment schemes, Exchange Traded Funds, gilts and index trackers but does not trade directly in equities. Consequently, while the Firm supports the general objectives that underlie the Code, the provisions of the Code are not relevant to the type of trading currently undertaken by the Firm. If the Firm’s investment strategy changes in such a manner that the provisions of the Code become relevant, the Firm will amend this disclosure accordingly.